Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yarny Goodness

I finally decided on a pattern for the Cascade 220 that I had. I was planning on making the Cupcake pattern from the Stitch 'n Bitch: Happy Hooker book. Unfortunately, I have only one skein. I know Cascade 220 is a fairly very common yarn, so I figured it would be no problem to find more. I started on the pattern and worked through the entire skein in one day.

I headed over to my favorite LYS today - which is Fibert Art in Odessa, FL btw. I'd link you, but they don't have a website - however, if you're in the Tampa area, they are on Gunn Hwy in the Citrus Park area and they are the bestest.

Where was I? Oh yeah, trek to the LYS to buy more Cascade 220 in Lavender, color # 2422. Seems like a fairly simple task, yes? No. :( Color has been discontinued. Boo. Soooo, that project has been placed to the side for now, until I can either find more Lavender, or work up the courage to frog it and start over with a new yarn.


I didn't leave the LYS empty-handed though, oh no. I got the new Crochet Today magazine. Loving the Lacy Baby Frock - too cute. Also got some Debbie Bliss that was on clearance - no clue what I'm going to do with it, but it was too good a deal to pass. Some Mirasol Cotanani in a pretty teal green color. And the most gorgeous yarn I have purchased to date, a beautiful lace weight Malabrigo in Indigo colorway - so soft, so smooshy, so perfect I'm almost afraid to make anything with it. But I will, just gotta find the right pattern.

No comments: