Sunday, October 21, 2007

Broccoli & Two Cheese Quiche


No, don't worry. I'm not going to start posting pictures and recipes of our dinner every night, but I had to make an exception this time. Just look at them! Don't they look yummy!?! And they were, too. I believe Celeste's word was "yummylicious."

Every time I've had quiche on our Weekly Menu, I've tried a new recipe. Searching for one that was easy and quick, yet tasty. Tonight, I gave up and just through some stuff together. I made them in cupcake pans instead of one big pie, in order to get more crusty flavor in each bite.

These were soo easy to make, I used a pre-made pie crust (because I'm lazy like that) and an oversized coffe cup to cut out the circle. Spray a little non-stick cooking spray in the bottoms of each cupcake slot so they dont' stick and cook for a few minutes (put a few dry beans in the bottom so they don't bubble up). Mix 5 eggs, 1 cup milk, dash of nutmeg, dash of cinnamon, splash of vanilla, salt and pepper in a pourable bowl. Cook broccoli (I used frozen), drain and cut up into tiny pieces about 1 cup's worth.

Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded mozzarella and cheddar into the bottoms of each pie crust (I had intended this to be a 3 cheese quiche, but didn't have any monterey jack - you can use whatever cheeses you'd like). Tup with about a tablespoon of diced broccoli. Poor egg mixture over that and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments: