Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer reading

One of my most favorite things about summer is that we go to the library more often. Since I'm not working this summer, we have even more time to spend at the library. We have been going once or twice a week and I have been utilizing the interlibrary loan program to get some decent crochet pattern books and vegetarian cookbooks.

Our library also offers a summer program for kids where have a fun kid friendly activity or performance. So, once a week we go to the library and the kids get treated to anything from a One Man Circus to an Australian Themed Musical Performance. So much fun!

The only bad thing about the library is the A/C. Don't get me wrong, here in FL air conditioning is practically mandatory. But when it's 98 degrees outside, sometimes it feels like it's 68 degrees inside. My poor tank-topped shoulders get cold. What's a girl to do? Dig through her yarn stash and work up a little shrug, of course. Didn't follow a pattern on this one, just worked in a rectangle until it was the right length and seamed up the sides to make arm holes. It's a little snugger than I intended, but fits well and looks soo cute over a tank top (or a button down!).


So what's on your reading list right now? I currently have in my possession the Super Natural Cooking and Quick Vegetarian Pleasures cookbooks, Tasty Crochet (which I am loving - will have to actually buy this one!) and Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers. I also picked up and can't wait to start reading The Alchemyst but Michael Scott. This is book one in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. Now anyone who know Potter, knows who Nicholas Flamel is, so I feel compelled to point out that this is *not* a book set in the Potter-verse. Click the book for a link to the official web-site.

1 comment:

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love your blog and thanks for visiting mine. I see that I have found a New Moon soulmate for me and my daughter. I don't know that I can stand to see Edward leave Bella there in the woods, reading it was hard enough.

Anne