Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Heads or Tails

Just found this Blog Meme called Heads or Tails that looks pretty cool. If I'm getting the directions right, you're given a word and are to write a post based on that word. Sounds easy enough, right. Today's word is TUNE. Now, I can't carry a tune to save my life, but I do love music. Pretty much any kind of music, but I mostly listen to punk, pop punk, indie alternative, etc.
My all-time, absolute favoritest (yeah, I made that up - so what?) band is Green Day. They just came out with a new CD last month called 21st Century Breakdown and it is freakin' awesome. Sometimes when I'm listening to it, it reminds me of Dookie, sometimes Warning, but at all times I am just in awe - because it is awesome.
My favorite song on the album is probably definitely 21 Guns. Billie Joe's voice on this song is just...GUH. Love. Feel free to sing along - I will be.



What's your favorite song, favorite band? Leave a comment and let me know. And check out the Heads or Tails blog for more interpretations of the word TUNE.

Oh and just a little "YAY ME!" - for my 100th Blog Post. Okay, end dorky moment.

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Good post! I'm not going to sing along but I'll listen for those who do!

Barb said...

Fantastic first entry!!! My daughter had Dookie so I heard it a LOT. This new song is really good.

I like most music too but I listen mostly to classic rock and country.

I hope to see you playing again. :)

CJ said...

Yay for you 100th blog post! Nothing dorky about us!

I'm partial to the blues and I can't say I have one favorite but I prefer the oldsters to the newbies. Koko Taylor was a gem that we just lost.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. As for The Llama song - you'll be happy to know that I didn't post the original flash version which is looped and goes on and on and on...

If you're a reader, I also have a book blog at www.cjreading.blogspot.com

cjh

Sue said...

I like all kinds of music with the exception of country. I can't carry a tune either :( Thanks for stoping by :)